The aim of Wikijunior is to produce non-fiction books for children from birth to age twelve. These books could take the form of macropedias, textbooks, or primers.
Wikijunior is a source of books for children written by an international community of volunteers. It is built on certain core values.
- Kid friendly. Our books are written with children in mind. The subjects of our books are chosen because they are appealing to kids. These books are richly illustrated with photographs, diagrams, sketches, and original drawings.
- Collaborative. Wikijunior books do not have just one author, instead they are the product of many interested people working together.
- Fun. We write books that are easy to understand and age-appropriate. The writing style is light and friendly.
- Reliable. Books present factual information that is verifiable and avoid opinion, original research, and fiction.
- Open. The world is invited to join in and write, edit, and rewrite each article and book to improve its content. Our books are distributed free of charge under the terms of the Creative Commons Share-Alike License.
All items are free to view, share, and download.
When available, we provide all our content with a Spanish version in our public download section. You can find additional material from sources listed in all our articles.
Download Wikijunior Activity Books