Mansa Musa I – Net Worth $400 Billion, an African king from the late 13th century, is considered the richest person to ever lived. Above the noted Sam Walton, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates combined wealth.
Musa Keita I was the tenth Mansa, which translates as "King of Kings" or "Emperor", of the wealthy Mali Empire. At the time of Musa's rise to the throne, the Malian Empire consisted of territory formerly belonging to the Ghana Empire in present-day southern Mauritania and in Melle and the immediate surrounding areas. Musa held many titles, including Emir of Melle, Lord of the Mines of Wangara, Conqueror of Ghanata, and at least a dozen others.
|Reign||c. 1312–37 (25 years)|
Fun Facts About The Richest People Who Ever Lived:
- 1) These billionaires control a combined $4.317 trillion!
- 2) The richest people ever are all men. Sadly No women cracked the top 25.
- 3) 14 out of the 25 people are Americans.
- 4) Bill Gates is the richest American and the richest person still alive on this list.
- 5) Carlos Slim Helu, the former richest person in the world, did not even crack the top 20.
By Brian Warner on April 14, 2014 www.celebritynetworth.com